A bathroom doesn’t need to be fully renovated to make it up-to-date, sometimes all it takes is a new tub or shower.
Reasons to remodel your bath and shower
Whether it’s a bathtub, shower stall, or a combination of the two, there are many reasons you would want to remodel:
- Mold, mildew, and water stains. Years of moisture and water can leave its mark no matter how well you clean your bathroom.
- Outdated colors and fixtures. Styles and colors change. Replacing your tub or adding a new liner can transform your room.
- Better functionality. You may need to switch from a tub or shower or vice versa based on what works best for your family.
- Improved accessibility. Tub walls can make it hard to get into a bath or shower. A new walk-in tub or walk-in shower can help provide safety for family with mobility issues.
Different types of bath and shower remodels
There are many ways to remodel your bath or shower, including:
- A bathtub replacement. A bathtub can lose its glaze, chip, or have mold, mildew, and water stains. Replacing a bathtub is an easy way to spruce up the room.
- A walk-in tub or walk-in shower installation. Mobility limitations are eased with a walk-in bathtub or shower. Walk-ins are designed to make bathing safe and stress-free.
- A bathtub conversion. A bathtub to shower conversion can improve the functionality of an underused bathroom.
- Installing a bath liner. A bath liner is an affordable option for a quick bathtub makeover. Bath liners are durable, won’t chip, crack, or fade, and come in many colors, and designs.
Bath and shower design ideas
Before your bathroom remodel begins, there are a few design ideas you’ll want to think about before the project gets underway:
- Have you considered a wall surround? Acrylic-based wall surrounds for your bathtub and shower come in a variety of colors and patterns to help protect the walls from water damage.
- Will you be replacing the bath’s hardware? New faucets and showerheads can add the finishing touch needed to complete your bathroom’s new look.
- What type of storage accessories do you want? Shower shelves, caddies, and soap dishes can be color-matched to your new bathtub and shower.
- Do you want to add safety accessories? Grab bars and shower seats can help ensure a safe bathing environment.
Preparing for a bath and shower installation
Many bath and shower remodels can be completed in as little as one day. You can help ensure a smooth installation with a little preparation:
- Plan an outdoor workspace where the installers can park and set up their tools and equipment.
- Do a walk through from the main entrance to the bathroom. Remove any obstacles that might be in the way when carrying large items like equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Cover the floors where worker traffic will be heaviest with a temporary floor protector to help minimize dirt and damage.
- Remove all personal items (linens, toiletries, floor mats, etc.) from the bathroom.
- If you’ll be home while the work is being done, expect it to be noisy. Ensure your children and pets are kept safely away from the work area.
- If you won’t be home, provide the crew with a means to get a hold of you should anything come up that requires your attention.
Get a no obligation quote for a bathroom upgrade
When it’s time to upgrade your bathroom, choose a local SERVICEfinder bathtub installation contractor. With a large selection of high-quality bathtub and shower options for you to choose from, you will get the help you need to pick the option that’s right for your family’s needs.